Translate

Monday, April 2, 2018

More portrait drawings/ paintings and a study from the New Mexico trip


My Saturday morning drawing group has been something I look forward to each week. This group of drawings has a 5 minute drawing (it's the one with the lightest tone done on newsprint paper) a 15 minute charcoal drawing on charcoal paper, and a watercolor done in 20 or 25 minutes. The model is Grace who is a wonderful model but like many of the models her expression does not change. Maybe it does when she is asked to, I don't know. Finally I did this 8" x 10" oil painting on a photo reference I took on our trip to New Mexico last fall. We went to see the Audubon area and an artist's house outside Santa Fe. Driving down Upper Canyon Road I saw the way the light looked hitting the adobe style houses along the road, stopped, looked and took a couple pictures. This just doesn't look anything like the area I live, so that was just much more compelling.

No comments: