Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Plein Air from Devil's Lake, Wisconsin

Last week I traveled with an old friend from art school to Devil's Lake in Wisconsin.  We painted there for  three days.  This is the painting I did just one week ago at the north entrance to Devil's Lake park.  It looks better in person -- the color of this is a bit off.  This is oil, 6" X 8".  we managed to get there (luckily) just when the color of the trees was incredibly beautiful.
This is a long shot from high above the level of Devil's Lake.  This photo is just a shadow of the color that is there for the eye to see.
And finally, my painting "Farm at Fox River" was awarded the Award of Excellence at the annual show of the West Suburban Art League.  This is the second award that I've had for this painting.

1 comment:

Y said...

I like this painting: "Farm at Fox River", veyr much. And I am absolutely convinced that it is much more beautiful in real life, it will never be the same to see it like this on the screen.
I understand why you have got the Award of Excellence!